Monday, April 2, 2007

GNF Watch

My first We Are All Giant Nuclear Fireball Now Party post, a sequel to my liberal guilt/conservative paranoia one here awhile back, should be up at Party HQ by the time U.S. clocks catch up to Japanese ones. I won't say anything more about it here, except that one of the Great (Blogging) Scotts probably won't believe me when I say it was drafted well before our initial exchanges in the "more annihilistic than thou" war of position that seems to be shaping up between Crooked Timber and the WAAGNFNP.

Just to up the ante in the shameless self-promotion sweepstakes, I'll note in passing that JP Stormcrow cleverly, humbly, and silently updated his Mostly Harmless Nabokov tribute at his place and the MOJ/MOOAD's. In fact, you can find many Mostly Harmless authors writing for the WAAGNFNP--when the inspiration strikes them and the queue opens up--yet none of them felt the need to devote a post to it here (i.e., are as lazy bloggers as I). Oh, and did I mention BerubeWatch (now with one link per word!) is getting great ratings in Germany?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Queue?? We don't need no queue. Boldly going where we want is how we proto-post-post modern humans are treading fearlessly upon all others, especially to our right. However "Q" was an interesting character, indeed somewhat Berube-like in his ever vigilant interest in all things human. As such the great floating-headed one doth appear and disappear from between and betwixt various clouds and shrouds, reminding us that vigilance in the pursuit of relative truth is, well, really relative when viewed from within the GNF.

The Constructivist said...

How do you spell that Superman villain that Ambush Bug helped immortalize, Mr. Mixzlethk or something? Because Q is a total rip-off of him--I mean, loving tribute....

peter ramus said...

That would be Mr. Mxyzptlk.

"name backwards" + Superman in Google means never having to remember how to spell it.

Anonymous said...

I was a Marvel kind of guy, DC universe just didn't have the ummph that Silver Surfer and Doc Strange gave me. A great use of ancient ice chests by the way; i have three old ones, hermetically-sealed to contain my ancient comic book collection (no graphx novels here).

the way your captcha word comes up, i am surprised it isn't spelling out Mxyzptlk.

The Constructivist said...

Wouldn't it be great if that came up as a captcha?

FYI, I'm a Marvel guy, too--starting from John Romita Jr.'s Spider-Man and Chris Claremont's X-Men, and ending when they started stretching out their plots over 10,000 titles devoted to the same hero/team--but Ambush Bug belatedly brought me back to DC.

Thanks, you've just given me a post idea for tomorrow here, which is good b/c I need to write quickie posts (or none at all) the rest of the week. Classes start for me next Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

Did not mean to be "clever, humble or silent" -- you are right should have posted something about the launch over here...

I do have a post I would like to do expanding on my comment to your Liberal guilt one - will probably cross-post here and Ignis fatuus - have not really worked out what goes where. Just been busy, with a lot of work and family mini-dramas and waagnfnp launch to boot.

Anonymous said...

See how that Liberal guilt comes out with so little urging....

The Constructivist said...

hee hee. my feeling is go with your gut on where to first put a post and to feel free to post it here anytime after, if it turns out to be after and not first that it first went. wow, that was a fun sentence to write. see how easily amused I am?

The Constructivist said...

and speaking of Hasselhoff, did you hear KITT is for sale?