Saturday, July 9, 2011

U.S. Women's Open Saturday Morning: Mika Miyazato and Ai Miyazato Pass In-Kyung Kim

The 2 hottest putters in the U.S. Women's Open, Mika Miyazato and Ai Miyazato, passed leader in the clubhouse In-Kyung Kim with a 5-birdie 67 and a 4-birdie 68, respectively. I got to see them finish their rounds and am hoping to catch their starts when I get to the DVRed coverage. Sorry, but watching Japan's women's soccer team beat Germany in Germany took priority this afternoon! More soon!

[Update 1 (7/10/11, 12:02 am): Nice sub-70 rounds by Sun Young Yoo (68, E), Eun-Hee Ji (69, E), Amy Yang (69, +2), Mariajo Uribe (69, +2), Candie Kung (69, +3), Jean Chua (69, +4), and Victoria Tanco (69, +5). But I was shocked to see that Cindy LaCrosse shot an 80 to miss the cut--she had had one of the best ballstriking days in the field on Thursday, but couldn't do much of anything right on Saturday. Others on the wrong side of the cut line include Juli Inkster, Amanda Blumenherst, Momoko Ueda, Anna Nordqvist, Sophie Gustafson, Mi Hyun Kim, Jee Young Lee, Christina Kim, Lexi Thompson, Kristy McPherson, Katherine Hull, Melissa Reid, Jennifer Song, and Seon Hwa Lee, but the 2 biggest surprise MCs to me have to be Na Yeon Choi and Sun-Ju Ahn.]

[Update 2 (12:33 am): Should give a shout-out to Michelle Wie for making a long one on her 36th hole to just make the cut, as well as to Sandra Gal for squeaking into the rest of the weekend (and most likely Monday).]

[Update 3 (12:48 am): I gotta call it a night, as I'm playing a NYSGA State Days event at Seneca Hickory Stick north of Niagara Falls late tomorrow morning. But I'm super-psyched that 3 of my favorite golfers will be in the final pairing off the 1st tee--and that I'll be able to tape it on ESPN2! Wonder if the Miyazatos will be wearing the blue and white of the Japanese Women's World Cup semifinalist team? I know I'll be! I'll leave you with Saturday interviews from LPGA.com.]

[Update 4 (8:36 am): Funny post by Ruthless Mike on the "House of Miyazato."]

No comments: