Wednesday, August 13, 2014

My Picks for the Wegmans LPGA Championship

Based on my take on Monroe Golf Club's front and back 9, and my sense of who's playing well coming into the 4th major of the LPGA season, here are my best guesses as to who will be in contention at the Wegmans LPGA Championship in its final year in the Rochester area.  I'm coming off a victory in last week's PakPicker over at Seoul Sisters.com and am in 4th overall, so let's see if my homework helps me make it 2 in a row!

1. Park Inbee
2. Lewis, Stacy
3. Ryu
4. Ko
5. Pettersen
6. Feng, Shanshan
7. Creamer
8. Kerr
9. Yang
10. Nordqvist
11. Munoz
12. Choi Chella

Alts:  Choi Na Yeon; Thompson; Stanford

I just got back from playing the front 9 at Diamond Hawk from tees that'll approximate the length of Tuscarora on Friday.  In heavy winds, I parred the last 7 holes in a row to salvage a 39 after an ugly start.  Something finally clicked for me 3 weeks ago in the final round of the Utica City Amateur and since then my rounds have ended up between 6.2 and 10.4 for my handicap index, so at least I can say I'm getting consistent.  If I can eliminate the big numbers and get off to a normal start (instead of my usual terrible start this season!), I should be able to put together a round in the mid-70s in a couple of days.  Here's hoping something rubs off on me tomorrow from following So Yeon Ryu's group in the morning and Ai Miyazato's in the afternoon!

[Update 1 (5:19 pm):  Forgot to link to Tony Jesselli's preview!]

No comments: