Saturday, September 8, 2007

Onechan on Time, Rain, Teasing, and Joking

Somehow when I blog about the family at Citizen of Somewhere Else it's been very dark and tortured (for the me that is now, at least). But it's not like there hasn't been cuteness in Dunkirk. Here are some of the things onechan's been saying lately that have cracked the tsuma and I up.

  • "I was teasing you, dad!" [Where did she learn that verb? We never taught it to her!]
  • "I'm joking, dad!" [Not always after an attempt at humor, but still....]
  • "I can't go to sleep! I'm afraid of the rain!" [This after seeing a weather forecast with thunderstorms in our immediate future. This actually wasn't that funny, as it's probably residue of typhoon trauma, but hearing me trying to explain 40% probability probably was.]
  • What was it like when you first met dad, mom?" [This inspired by a trip to my barbershop; while we were waiting for my turn on the chair, she saw a very old photo of downtown Fredonia and pictures of the current barber cutting the hair of a toddler nephew in the same pose as an older photo as his dad cutting his hair. Somehow the discussion we've had many times before--"before Maya was born? before I was born? before you were born? before grandpa was born?"--sunk in this time. Quite a jump from "I want to be a baby again!" and "I want a big sister!"

No comments: