Thursday, September 20, 2007

What's the Opposite of "Ducky"?

OK, I may have finished the Harry Potter series before my dad, but he's going to to see the Turning Stone Championship with my mom tomorrow and maybe the next day, so I couldn't even gloat properly on the phone tonight. At least I got them to promise they'd follow Shigeki Maruyama for awhile, who's having the worst year of his professional career so far, in danger of losing his card, and fighting to make the cut or even break par on a course most everyone else seem to be tearing up. These guys really are quite good. Not that I've played Atunyote--it was built too recently and its green fees are too steep for me to even consider trying it until I've got my game back and my dad is in a mood for treating me--but considering that I used to struggle to break 80 on the easiest of the 3 Turning Stone courses and haven't yet broken 80 on the Peek'n'Peak Upper Course that's hosted a Nationwide Tour event the past several years, I think it's fair to say they play an entirely different game than me (or, rather, than I used to). Even Shigeki, still. I still remember being surprised at how short he was when I told him "Nice putt" after he birdied the 9th hole in the final round of the PGA Championship at Oak Hill. Of course, my mom got in a conversation with his wife at a different event, so all in all I'm feeling anything but ducky tonight.

At least I can do this. Top that, Tiger!

No comments: