Sunday, September 9, 2007

Meet Carrie Mi

Yet another immortal addition to the pantheon of imaginary people in onechan's and my lives. Her origin story? Basically, she's my strategy for dealing with onechan's desire to be picked up and carried, which manifests itself all too often with cries of "Carry me!" Instead of ignoring her, telling her no for the millionth time, or getting frustrated that she's asking me again, I simply reply, "Carrie Mi? Where is she?! I want to get her autograph!" Usually onechan gets the joke and plays along, as in "Over there, inside that building!" For cases when she doesn't, the tsuma invented Karrie Yoo and Keri Hu. Now onechan has a trio of friends, one Taiwanese, one Korean, and one mainland Chinese, to distract her from wanting to be carried. And for me to use for other purposes. Right now, the three are really good kid golfers, but they could become good artists, or math students, or whatever I need at the right time....

2 comments:

Bill Benzon said...

What about "Yu Hu"?

The Constructivist said...

Ah, Ambush Bug's favorite chocolate soda drink, now made in China!