Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Congrats to Lorena Ochoa and Ya Ni Tseng

Despite their disappointing performances at the ADT Championship, Player of the Year and Vare Trophy winner Lorena Ochoa and Rookie of the Year Ya Ni Tseng had fantastic seasons. They ended up 2008 in the top 2 positions in the Rolex Rankings, ranked 1-2 in rounds in the 60s, 1-2 in birdie rate, 1-3 on the money list, 1-4 in scoring average, 1-T4 in rounds under par rate, 1-T6 in top 10 rate, 1-7 in greens in regulation rate, 1-8 in the Golfweek/Sagarin Performance Index, and T4-T15 in putts per green in regulation. You have to go back to 2005 to see a rookie put up stats that impressive--taking nothing away from the impressive rookie seasons of Seon Hwa Lee and Angela Park the last 2 years--so it's fitting that the only LPGA member I would rank higher than Ya Ni right now is the 2005 ROY, Paula Creamer.

1 comment:

pntrmarc said...

Well, here goes. Time to meet the critics.

I like to think this video and those to follow will become all the rage (outrage might be more like it).

I'm sure some will get a kick out of it, some might get mad, some will howl with sarcasm. What I'd really like to see is a scientific test facility put it to the test.

I'd LOVE some feedback. And think about SUBSCRIBING. That way you'll receive updates as I put more of these up.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeF2ql8WI8w

AND

I know he's my son, but this video is great...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yrLlTnzeHI