Thursday, March 5, 2009

Around the World of Women's Golf in 2 Minutes

A perfect storm of work and illness forces me to curtail my golf blogging today. It's completely fitting that just as the weather gets better I get under the weather and just as the snow melts I get a workload blizzard!

I'll just point you to the HSBC Women's Champions leaderboard, Hound Dog's round 1 recap, LPGA.com's notes and interviews, and HSBC's day 1 and day 2 live blogs--none of which I've gotten a chance to even read yet--much less check out any video from the HSBC site or from Golf Channel. All I can say is, gambatte, Ai-chan!

Fortunately, the Daikin Orchid Ladies kickoff event for the JLPGA doesn't start till tonight (east coast time), so that leaves the 2nd round of the latest event in the SunCoast Series to mention. Moira Dunn has made a nice move toward the top of the leaderboard with a fine 69 (the only sub-70 round of the day).

It's great to see my two favorite golfers playing well the same week. That's all, folks, till tomorrow!

[Update 1 (12:48 pm): One interesting thing to note about round 2's pairings--with no cut, they've gone ahead and grouped the players by score, without trying to balance who starts front and back, morning and afternoon, over the 1st 2 days of the event. Love to see Ai-chan and Seon Hwa playing together in another HSBC event--their showdown in the match play finals in '06 was amazing! Another great pairing is the Jee Young Lee-Christina Kim-Morgan Pressel one going off the back, not to mention the Hee Young Park-Ji-Yai Shin-Suzann Pettersen one even earlier.]

[Update 2 (9:56 pm): It's all Lorena and Paula for the Golf Channel, but I'll forgive them this time, b/c their preview wasn't half bad. Plus, the HSBC site gives you a lot more.]

No comments: