Saturday, May 16, 2009

Sybase Classic Saturday: And Then There Were 5?

Hound Dog is almost right: if I could turn cartwheels, I would be over Ai Miyazato's and Moira Dunn's position at the 54-hole mark of the Sybase Classic. When 2 of my favorite players are in the hunt, you bet I'm psyched. But they'll need a lot of help from the 5 leaders. After all, it took Miyazato 25 holes and Dunn 21 to catch 1st-round leader Helen Alfredsson, and there's only 18 left to play.

Plus, the odds of these 5 players going above par tomorrow don't appear to be that good. Co-leader Ji Young Oh hasn't shot worse than 69; co-leader Suzann Pettersen hasn't shot worse than 70 (nor has Paula Creamer or Michelle Wie, who sit equidistant between the co-leaders and my faves); and 2nd-round leader Brittany Lincicome's worst was today's 72.

On the other hand, the course will play quite different in cooler weather tomorrow, so anything still can happen!

No comments: