Friday, February 5, 2010

Recommended Reading: Hound Dog LPGA Is the Place to Be

One of key reasons I continue to blog on women's golf is the company I keep by doing so. I've been learning a lot from my commenters and fellow bloggers for years, but with the posts that I'm going to recommend for you today, I'm confident that I'll keep on learning for a long time to come.

First, check out Hound Dog's thoughtful response to my Pathways to Success on the LPGA post. I don't have time to summarize it for you, so just take my word that it's worth several close reads.

Second, check out tatkin's overview of the goals of and reasoning behind his Frankenstats 1.0 ranking system, critique of its limitations, and preview of his version 2.0--sure, he could have done more proofreading, but I forgive the writing when it comes from a real stats guy.

When I'm not swamped with work, I'll get back to more substantive blogging. But for now, these are the posts to read if you want to understand who the most successful players on the LPGA are and how they did it--or want to figure out how to do it yourself.

[Update 1 (10:52 pm): Hound Dog has more, this time on trying to figure out who are the best with the irons, hybrids, and fairway woods on tour.]

3 comments:

Dexter Francois said...

Thanks for the recommendation.

courtgolf said...

I don't care what the Dog Man says...I'm NOT getting a sex change !! :-)

The Constructivist said...

CG, wouldn't matter if you did! I'm pretty sure LPGA rules state you have to have been born a woman to be a member.