Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Players Most Likely to Make Me Lose the 2011 LPGA Prognostication Derby

Here are the players I'm not putting in my LPGA Prognostication Derby entry tomorrow--in rank order based on their likelihood of making me lose it this year by knocking my picks out of the top 30!

31. Shanshan Feng
32. Gwladys Nocera
33. Christina Kim
34. Maria Hjorth
35. Azahara Munoz
36. Se Ri Pak
37. Sophie Gustafson
38. Catriona Matthew
39. Karine Icher
40. Momoko Ueda
41. Maria Hernandez
42. Sandra Gal
43. Belen Mozo
44. Meena Lee
45. Kyeong Bae
46. M.J. Hur
47. Candie Kung
48. Shiho Oyama
49. Guilia Sergas
50. Juli Inkster
51. Hee Won Han
52. Karen Stupples
53. Jeong Jang
54. Natalie Gulbis
55. Jessica Korda
56. Cindy LaCrosse
57. Mina Harigae
58. Lindsey Wright
59. Aree Song
60. Jimin Kang
61. Mariajo Uribe
62. Stacy Prammanasudh
63. Shi Hyun Ahn
64. Teresa Lu
65. Jane Park
66. Laura Davies
67. Tiffany Joh
68. Amanda Blumenherst
69. Pernilla Lindberg
70. Dewi Claire Schreefel

As you can see, I think a lot of very young players are ready to break through into the LPGA's top 70, but not so many into the top 30 just yet. And in case you're wondering, I'm not mentioning Lexi Thompson, not because I don't think she'll be a top 70 player, but because as a non-member she can't appear on the LPGA money list or get Player of the Year points. In fairness to those who have picked her in their Derby entries, I'll come up with an average ranking for her like everyone else, based on where she would have appeared in the money list and my Best of the LPGA ranking. But I'm going to wait until she becomes an LPGA member before I start picking her.

3 comments:

Tony Jesselli (Tonyj5) said...

The only real surprise I see on this list is you putting Amanda Blumenherst at #68. She made a few top 30 lists.

The Constructivist said...

Look at her '09 stats. She has a long way to go to make top 40. If he hadn't played so well this week Down Under, I wouldn't have put her in my top 70!

The Constructivist said...

Typo: she!!