Monday, November 28, 2011

Final Check On My Top 30 Predictions

Way back in February, before the first LPGA tournament was played, the Constructivist asked us to predict the top 30 players for the coming year. Since the season is over, and I haven't seen anyone else analyze their picks, let me be the first.

1- Na Yeon Choi - Wasn't quite as good as she was in 2010. She still finished 3rd in the Rolex Player of the year race. It wasn't that bad a miss.

2- Ji-Yai Shin - A big miss here. I know she played through some injuries, but a 20th place finish was not what I expected.

3- Suzann Petterson - I was real close here, she finished tied for 4th.

4- Paula Creamer - Seemed she did everything but win. Her actual finish was tied for 8th.

5- Yani Tseng - When the season started, she was part of a bunch of players fighting for the top. Who knew she would dominate like she did? At least I had her top five.

6- Cristie Kerr - I was close here, as she tied for 4th.

7- Song-Hee Kim - I dare anyone to tell me they saw this coming. Finishing 35th, she was invisible the entire season.

8- Ai Miyazato - Her season just seemed worse than it actually was. She finished #11, so I wasn't far off.

9- I.K. Kim - Didn't think this big talent could go the whole year without a win. That is exactly what happened. She finished #13.

10- Michelle Wie - Please get rid of the Belly Putter. She finished 17th.

11- Mika Miyazato - Did we actually ever see her in prime time coverage this year? I'm guessing not many times, as her 24th place finish tells us.

12- Morgan Pressel - Small off the tee, but big on heart. Morgan finished #10.

13- Hee Kyung Seo - Maybe I expected a little too much, after all she did win the rookie of the year award. Her actual finish was 21st.

14- Brittany Lincicome - Changing her caddie certainly seemed to spark her. Her two victories led her to a 6th place finish.

15- Amy Yang - Was right on here. She finished 14th.

16- Angela Stanford - Her tying for 8th, makes me look bad.

17- Anna Nordqvist - Played much better in the second half of the season, and rose to 22nd.

18- Stacy Lewis - She finished #25 in 2010. I thought I was doing her solid by picking her this high. Tell me the truth, how many people expected her to finish #2?

19- Brittany Lang - Hard to believe she still has never won. She did finish #16.

20- Inbee Park - Not a good year, she made me look bad by finishing 30th.

21- Karrie Webb - I missed big here. She won twice early, and then vanished. She still finished 7th.

22- Amanda Blumenherst - Sometimes I pick with my heart, and not my head. Improved slightly in her second season, but finished 56th.

23- Vicky Hurst - I keep waiting for this bomber to live up to her potential. A 43rd place finish was not what I expected.

24- Karine Icher - Her maternity leave, gives me a pass on this one.

25- Azuhara Munoz - You can pat me on the back for this one. She finished 25th.

26- Beatriz Recari - Sophomore jinx? Didn't have a single player of the year point.

27- Natalie Gulbis - Maybe I should start looking at her golf. A consistent top 50 money list achiever, I rated her way too high.

28- Christina Kim - Wasn't a good year if your name was Kim (see I.K. and Song-Hee). Christina didn't have a single player of the year point.

29- Hee Young Park - Her season ending victory placed her 19th for the year.

30- Belen Mozo - I wanted to put a long shot in this position. It turned out I did, as she finished 43rd.

Now that I have embarrassed myself, by actually showing these results. I would like to see some of the others who played, show theirs.


Rolex Mover of the Week:
Mi-Jeong-Jeon - Moves from #34 to #28.






No comments: