Monday, February 12, 2007

Onechan Is Not Easily Impressed

On being told that Karrie Webb has already won two tournaments this year, onechan nodded her head but had nothing to say. When asked what she'd like to tell Karrie Webb (she's always "Karrie Webb" in our house), onechan said something about the Pretty Cure bandaids she just got here in Chiba and the Pretty Cure card some students at Kyushu University's anime club made for her in Fukuoka awhile back. So if you really want to impress a 3-year-old girl, Karrie Webb, you'll have to get a guest spot on Pretty Cure 5 or the next Pretty Cure movie. Either that, or ask her for a bandaid.

P.S. Oaktown Girl will appreciate that it took me a million times to get Blogger to accept the label "golf" for this post. Karrie Webb will likely not appreciate my standing by my original prediction that this year will not be as good as last year for her.

[Update: Onechan got an ear infection and has had a high fever each of the past two nights. Coincidence or a sign that Karrie Webb has made deals with various dark forces this year? You decide!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure about the "original prediction" in terms of whom you forecast to do well, but Ochoa, Creamer, Gulbis will have some say in the matter. I don't see Wie standing much higher than Webb, with the new influx of great collegiate players; one of the best rookie classes in a while.

The Constructivist said...

Hey, spyder, shame on you for forgetting my original prediction! Which, now that I look back on it, was pretty ambiguous (it could be read to predict Karrie Webb will play at a higher level this year than last!).... I kind of fleshed it out here by implicitly predicting my top 10 on the 2007 LPGA money list.

This rookie class will have to do pretty well to do as well as last year's rookie class. Seon Hwa Lee got her sophomore jinx out of the way at the end of last season, so I'm disappointed with myself that I didn't put her on the list. I don't see Gulbis or Creamer or Pressl being ready to crack my top 10/11 this year. But what do I know?

The Constructivist said...

Oh, and Michelle's not going to play enough to make enough money to even make top 20, IMHO.

Oaktown Girl said...

P.S. Oaktown Girl will appreciate that it took me a million times to get Blogger to accept the label "golf" for this post.

Oh my, yes. That is funny.

But that's what you get when you try to force a golf blogging post from its natural home lable, (the brilliant one coined by JP):
Pointless Recursion.

(Evil laugh).

The Constructivist said...

Ah, evil as well as just. As usual;)

Bill Benzon said...

I've got a question about pronunciation, TC. I gather that "onechan" is your (rather young) daughter. What's the pronunciation of the "one" portion of the name (I known that "chan" is an affectionate diminutive)? Is it a single syllable -- won -- or two syllables -- oh-nee?

The Constructivist said...

o-neh-chan. I should put a MH glossary up when I have a good connection.