Tuesday, October 7, 2008

OK, This Is Just Embarrassing for the LPGA

I thought I was Ai Miyazato's biggest fan in the U.S., but apparently someone in the LPGA media department beats me hands-down. From their October 6 news for the week page:

Miyazato wins on JLPGA.
Third-year Tour member Ai Miyazato recorded a win on the LPGA of Japan at the Japan Women's Open this past weekend. Miyazato (73-76-68-67=284, -4) edged out South Korea's Esther Lee (74-71-72-68=285, -3) by just one stroke at Shiun Golf Club in Niigata Prefecture. Momoko Ueda (77-74-68-70), a 2008 LPGA Tour rookie, tied for seventh at 1-over-par 289 with Sakura Yokomine (74-75-71-69).


Last I checked, Ji-Hee Lee birdied the final hole to beat Ai-chan.

My guess is someone misread breitbart.com's results page, which always is badly formatted. Look, I can understand not reading Mostly Harmless. But skipping Daniel Wexler and Hound Dog, not to mention Golfweek? That's criminal!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pitiful... :)

- Chigger