Sunday, December 21, 2008

Getting Psyched for the 2009 HSBC Women's Champions

I know, I know, it's the holiday season--and we're in the middle of our 3rd or 4th (I've already lost count) big winter storm--but that's just making it even harder to wait for the opening of the 2009 season! Take a look at the field for next March's 2nd annual Showdown in Singapore! With winners from the 2 early-season LET events in Australia and the LPGA's initial Hawaii event getting invites along with the rest of the LPGA's elite, those not already in will have a big choice between the Women's Australian Open and the SBS Open (which amazingly were scheduled on the same weekend in February). Karrie Webb has already decided to skip the LPGA's opening event and compete against Ji-Yai Shin, Ya Ni Tseng, and what's likely to be a host of other top international players. If I weren't in, I'd play Hawaii--it might end up being the weaker field!

No comments: