Right now I'd say that the best way to ensure you get an LPGA card worth anything is to try to get double digits under par by the 90th hole. That's why I don't expect to see the usual cut-line carnage today, with players wilting under the pressure of getting into the top 70 and ties (that's what tomorrow's hard top 20 is for!). What I expect to see is people leapfrogging each other with low scores. If you're not breaking 70 on the Champions course, you're probably moving backwards. We'll see if I'm right in less than 12 hours....
[Update 1 (11:12 pm): Well, here's how my top 20 fared:
1. Shiho Oyama 64-70-71-71 -12 4th (CLLC) yay!
3. Miki Saiki 74-72-70-72 E T50 (LCCL) needs mid-60s or better tomorrow
4. Anna Nordqvist 74-71-73-69 -2 T35 (LCLC) needs her best round of the week to come tomorrow
5. Amy Yang 67-71-70-67 -13 3rd (CLLC) yay!!!
6. Michelle Wie 69-65-72-68 -14 2nd (LCLC) yay!!!
7. Stacy Lewis 69-66-71-67 -15 1st (CLLC) yay!!!
8. Melissa Reid 79-74-65-71 +1 T58 (LCCL) needs mid-60s or better tomorrow
9. Alison Walshe 79-72-64-70 -3 T29 (LCCL) time to go low again!
10. Mika Miyazato 66-74-72-68 -8 11th (CLLC) that's more like it!
11. Martina Eberl 80-68-73-69 +2 T61 (LCCL) needs mid-60s or better tomorrow
13. Charlotte Mayorkas 75-67-66-69 -11 T5 (LCLC) wow!!!!
14. Anna Rawson 71-71-68-71 -7 T12 (CLLC) keep on keepin' on!
15. Tania Elosegui 79-66-71-69 -3 T29 (LCLC) all right, then!
17. Song Yi Choi 77-71-68-72 +2 T61 (LCCL) needs mid-60s or better tomorrow
18. Hannah Jun 74-70-78-68 +2 T61 (CLLC) needs mid-60s or better tomorrow
19. Carolina Llano 70-70-71-70 -7 T12 (LCLC) keep on keepin' on!
20. Pornanong Phatlum 75-69-72-71 -1 T44 (LCLC) time to go low tomorrow!
Not bad, but let's see how many strike-outs I pitched after 90 holes.]
[Update 2 (11:20 pm): Here are Hound Dog and Average Golfer.]
[Update 3 (11:21 pm): Here's LPGA.com.]
[Update 4 (11:30 pm): Here are the Golf Channel highlights.]
[Update 5 (11:33 pm): Eric Adelson is getting more meta as the week goes on. You gotta love it!]
[Update 6 (11:36 pm): Speaking of meta, do you get the feeling that maybe Ron Sirak is reading this blog?]
[Update 7 (11:39 pm): Nice of Beth Ann Baldry to profile some of my picks.]
[Update 8 (12/7/08, 10:18 am): Lisa Mickey does a nice little story on the 10 who made it on the dot into Sunday's play.]