Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Make It Star Blazers in 2010!

Check it out: there's a new animated Star Blazers movie that's been out in Japan for almost a month!



It goes by Star Blazers: Rebirth in English and Space Battleship Yamato in Japanese.



I encourage you to check out parts 2 and 3 of this promo. Go for the clips from the new movie and original show, stay for the evolving conversation between the cartoony comic relief dad and son--no Japanese needed. Now all I need is the movie to come to the States--with subtitles!

Oh, and there's also a live-action movie starring SMAP's Kimutaku coming out late this year:



The last 5 minutes of that teaser put me in the mood for the theme song of the show my brother, father, and I used to get up at 6 am to watch when I was a kid!



Here it is in Japanese:



Here's are 2 earlier Japanese versions:





Once more, with subs:



There's even a "nose flute" version out on teh intertubes. Now if only I could find a veggie instrument version!

No comments: