Friday, July 16, 2010

Recommended Reading: Happy Fan on Amy Yang

I've been high on Amy Yang since she turned pro, mostly because of what I was reading about her at Seoul Sisters.com, picking her to finish the season the 19th-best player on tour in this year's LPGA Prognostication Derby. Well, Happy Fan, who founded the site, just did a fantastic profile and career overview of Yang over at the Seoul Sisters blog. It's light years beyond anything I can come up with before my dad and I play the Utica City Amateur best ball this afternoon. If I have any energy afterwards, I'll share some thoughts on how awesome playing golf with him has been this week, but it may have to wait until after the weekend (and the tournament) is done. Just in case there's a long wait till my next post, here's some highlights of Yang falling just short of Karen Stupples in Wales on the LET last year.

[Update 1 (10:27 pm): Christina Kim shares a hilarious story from the ShopRite involving Amy Yang's caddie (formerly he worked for Lorena Ochoa!) and a shank from Moira Dunn out of a sand trap. You'll never guess where her ball ended up!]

2 comments:

Terminally Curious said...

Let's have a Utica City Amateur recap!

The Constructivist said...

Short version is I hit 12 greens in the best ball and had a lot of birdie chances, but only made 1, b/c I had a lot of trouble adjusting to the slowness of the greens on uphill or vs.-grain putts. My dad carried us on the birdie holes on the back (he was -1 over the last 6 holes and had a birdie stop on the edge). But in the end we only shot a 70. On the other hand, we didn't get rained on for more than 2 and a half holes. And our playing partners shot a 65--they made 8 birdies. More after the 1st round of the individual competition tomorrow!