I couldn't help but notice, though, that it took awhile for the commentators to come up with things to say about Ai-sama. Maybe tomorrow you might want to have them mention the following things:
- Ai-sama's 65 today was her 1st sub-70 round in her last 10 starts, a huge slowdown from earlier this season, when she broke 70 in 9 of her 1st 12 starts. Even so, she's still 2nd in scoring average and 2nd in birdies per round, both to Ya Ni Tseng.
- Speaking of Tseng, she twice robbed Ai-sama of wins already this season. (Highlights welcome.)
- Ai-sama didn't finish out of the top 6 in her 1st 4 starts (despite struggling health-wise at times in that run).
- She just recently broke the $6M barrier in career earnings and is on a wins and winnings pace that's comparable to the likes of Paula Creamer and Suzann Pettersen.
- Coming from Okinawa, and winning 15 times on the JLPGA, she's pretty used to playing in the wind and definitely used to island golf.
So, yes, please keep talking about Ai-sama as one of the best on tour without a major, but why not get some stories from her on the driving range about some of these topics?