Monday, August 11, 2014

Wegmans LPGA Championship Day 1: Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes!

The best-laid plans of mice and golf bloggers....  As you can see by the time stamp on this post, I'm about an hour later to the media tent than I expected to be.  I have about 2 hours to orient myself on Monroe Golf Club and maybe scout out the front nine.  I'm off!

[Update 1 (8/12/14, 9:07 am):  Well, I did get to check out the putting green and driving range (right next to each other, an improvement on Locust Hill although there could be crowding issues on the range, which seems a lot smaller than Locust Hill's), where I saw Inbee Park, among others, putting, and Ya Ni Tseng and Ryann O'Toole, among others, hitting balls.  Then I had just enough time to scout the entire front 9 (on which more in a separate post), catching glimpses of Jessica Korda, Marina Alex, Pernilla Lindberg, and Joanna Klatten as I made my way.  Finally, I took my friend who's putting me up out to our favorite Korean restaurant in Rochester and, in addition to great food, we also got to wish Ya Ni Tseng luck this week!  Just a typical day in Rochester when the LPGA's in town!  Hard to believe this could be the last year it happens for quite some time.]

No comments: