Sunday, September 18, 2011

Lexi Thompson Becomes the Youngest Player to Win on the LPGA Tour



Much is going to be written about what took place this weekend at the Navistar Classic. This is one that will be talked about for years to come. At the tender age of 16, Lexi Thompson has become the youngest player to win a tournament in LPGA history. She did it in a big way, winning by 5 strokes over LPGA rookie Tiffany Joh!

I will leave the recap to The Contructivist, who I am sure is working on that now.
I just want to add that my wife and I (see above picture with Lexi) have known Lexi for a number of years, and she is such a wonderful person to be around. She always makes herself available to all her fans. It is for moments like this that we love the LPGA. Watching both Lexi and Tiffany, I think we got a glimpse this weekend of two future members of the 2013 Solheim cup team.

Congratulations Lexi, on a job well done!







2 comments:

Glen said...

Here, here, Tony! You know I share your high regard for Lexi and Scott. Always a pleasure to see, talk to, and watch in action. The first victory shall not be the last.

The Constructivist said...

Despite the large margin of victory, it was actually quite exciting to watch. Unfortunately, we're trying a no-tv-for-kids month in hopes it helps our 7-year-old read better in English and Japanese, so I have to watch what I tape after she and the 5-year-old go to sleep. Got something coming tonight after work!