Sunday, June 9, 2013

The Constructivist Family Heads to Pittsford

Well, play began at 6:30 this morning for the 3rd round of the Wegmans LPGA Championship, and the Constructivist family is getting ready to leave for Pittsford to see as much as we can of the last 36 holes of the tournament today.  The players we most want to follow will be fairly scattered over Locust Hills by the time we get there, so the plan is to let the girls play in the bounce house when we first arrive while I hand out at the 17th green getting a feel for where everyone is, then picking a spot for all of us to watch groups go by once the girls are tired of playing.  After that, it's lunch, then we split up to follow the girls' favorite players for awhile--Paula Creamer for onechan and Ji-Yai Shin for imoto.  At some point, we'll regroup and the girls will stay with the Full Metal Archivist for awhile (perhaps with a stop at the Wegmans tent!) while I bounce between the Ai Miyazato/In-Kyung Kim group, the Mina Harigae group, and the Ayako Uehara/Tiffany Joh group and eventually work my way ahead to Mika Miyazato's group.  The plan will be for all of us to rendezvous with the Paula Creamer/Lydia Ko group until they finish their final round, so the girls can get autographs and talk to them and I can get interviews with them and other players by the putting green as they come in.  Then I'll try to catch up with the Chie Arimura/Michelle Wie/Shanshan Feng group for their final holes.

I'll post updates when I find a wi-fi connection on my Chromebook!

No comments: