Wednesday, April 23, 2014

My Picks for the Swinging Skirts LPGA Classic

Tony Jesselli's preview and picks are out for the LPGA's 9th event of 2014, the Swinging Skirts LPGA Classic.  Since I did my preview last night, it's now time for my picks:

1. Park Inbee
2. Lewis
3. Webb
4. Feng
5. Kerr
6. Creamer
7. Choi Chella
8. Wie
9. Nordqvist
10. Kim Hyo Joo
11. Ryu
12. Munoz

Alts: Ko; Pressel; Salas

I'm looking for players long enough off the tee to handle the long par 4s on the front and the short par 5s on both sides, and accurate enough with their irons to control where their approach shots go on what look to be very tricky greens.  Just watch:  this'll be the week my favorite golfer, Ai Miyazato, finally regains her touch on the greens!


4 comments:

Jim C said...

How long is it going to take the LPGA to notice that the starting CME points on their leaderboard do not include the results from last week?

Jim C said...

Also, why does the LPGA list of top registered players in the event this week, ranked by earnings, fail to include Michelle Wie who is in the field and is ranked number 1?

Colin N.Z said...

I like your picks this week Bruce. Inbee is ready to strike. We are in for a treat here tomorrow I hope with the Lewis/Wie/Ko group teeing off at 1.00pm (8.00am N.Z) with our GC coverage 10.30am -1.30pm. Be interesting to see what's new with Lydia this week. Last week new caddy and a new putter (Odyssey Tank Cruiser V-Line) Hope something is starting to work out for her...

Colin N.Z said...

Oh it's also Lydia's birthday tomorrow so I am sure it will be a fun day with Michelle and Stacy.
Jim the LPGA often has errors on it's website I have tried to point out errors by email without response so given up. Probably have to live with it this week but well spotted.