Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Comparing the Ranking Systems

As you may already know, I put a lot more thought into my Super Soph Rankings than my overall LPGA rankings. According to the former, there's a hair's breadth between Pressel and SH Lee, with JY Lee close to them and Miyazato falling behind, but the latter puts SH Lee well behind Pressel and JY Lee and even behind Miyazato. This is why I maintain Seon Hwa Lee is shockingly underrated--and why I like Hound Dog's ranking system for the LPGA better than mine! So what should I do?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I take it you think your overall LPGA rankings need tweaking. If I'm right about that, I can only recommend what I did with my system - I kept changing this and that until I felt comfortable with the final results.

If you think Seon Hwa Lee is underrated, just add a little more emphasis to a category she does well in. You could give GIR and Putts per GIR more weight - she's 13th and T24 in those.

The Constructivist said...

Ah, but my overall LPGA rankings don't include any stats, basically out of laziness--just combine RR, GSPI, and money list and adjust within groups that form from those combinations. To add stats would require actual work and thought! Oh no!