Monday, August 6, 2007

Take Your Blog to the Course II: The Sequel

With apologies to raincoaster, who suggested a slightly different name for this Mostly Harmless event, I'm going with a tribute to the Airplane movie series in this quixotic attempt to get bloggers not known for their love of respect for awareness of tolerance for writing on women's golf to help me draw Blogoramaville's attention to the Evian Masters and the Women's British Open.

This European swing for the LPGA is interesting to me for, oh, several thousand reasons. Not least among them are the chance to see how the stars of the Ladies European Tour stack up on their home turf against the best from the LPGA, KLPGA, and JLPGA, whether these big-purse tournaments can help vault any of world #1 Lorena Ochoa's top competitors into shouting distance of her on the 2007 LPGA money list, who among Morgan Pressel, Seon Hwa Lee, Ai Miyazato, and Jee Young Lee is the top Super Soph, and whether Sarah Lee, Meaghan Francella, Annika Sorenstam, Natalie Gulbis, and Michelle Wie have recovered from their injuries enough to begin to think about approaching their top form.

But enough about me--this carnival is about you. As before, I'll post here most any link or submission I receive at the[underscore]constructivist18[at]yahoo[dot]com between July 25th and August 5th (U.S. time--this blog is on Japan time while I'm still on this side of the Pacific) and keep this page at the top of the blog during that stretch. So start submitting!

August 6
In which I congratulate Lorena Ochoa.

August 4
But when the wind is up this course is tough!

August 3
Hey, these gals are good! And since so many people in the field have mentioned in interviews playing the video game version of St. Andrews, here's a link to a JapanProbe article on the newest Japanese golf video game.

August 2
And they're off!

August 1
In which I all but drool over the pairings for the first two rounds of the British Women's Open.

July 30
In which I draw lessons and raise questions from the French Alps for Scotland.

July 29
Not that bad, if I do say so myself. But plenty of room for improvement. You up to it?

July 28
Still not good. But better late than never. Same goes for you all.

July 27
Definitely not my worst ever. Has potential. I'm sure you can do better. If you agree, let me know! Certainly Hound Dog's tv criticism does better. Anyone else?

July 26
In which I write my worst golf post ever. Yet another reason for you to pick up the slack!

July 25
Here's Hound Dog's tournament preview and mine.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You, my friend, need to get in touch with www.with-malice.com. Another whitey in Japan sports blogger...how many can there be?

The Constructivist said...

Thanks, my friend, for the reminder! We emailed each other a little while ago but with all the travelling and packing and goodbye meetings/parties around here lately, I haven't checked his site in a while.

With Malice said...

[waves at the assembled crowd]

Hi there one & all! Yup, Constructivist - I'll add this to my blogroll, and will post more articles on Women Golfers in Japan - I promise!

With Malice said...

And I'll do my best to get an article done for the carnival!

The Constructivist said...

u rock! I mean, arigato gozaimasu.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you posting over at Seoulsisters. It's a great board. I get a lot of info from there.

On your PakPicker you need to list 12 players and 3 alternates; you only listed 10. Don't want you to lose points because of that!

Anonymous said...

My Evian preview is up. I'll try to do my part for TYBTTC II.

The Constructivist said...

Thanks on both counts!

Anonymous said...

I posted a piece on last night's tv coverage.

Anonymous said...

Love the blog, especially the LPGA stuff. I've caddied a little on tour for players and I follow it pretty closely. I have a blog on mainly everything in particular sports but I'd love to put your link up on my site. Let me know if you'd like to swap.
-Alex

http://noezbuckets.wordpress.com

The Constructivist said...

Thanks, Alex. You guys have the basketbal, golf, and western NY connection going, so I'll check back when I'm back in the States and make my decision then.