Futures Tour rookie Jenny Shin won The International at Concord today, going 69-67-69 to finish at -11. But guess who roared from behind to almost take her 2nd FT title in a row? None other than Tiffany Joh, who fired a bogey-free 65 in the final round. Shin actually needed to birdie to of her last 3 holes to 1st tie and then surpass the leader in the clubhouse!
Happy Fan of the Seoul Sisters blog was definitely right to be praising the young Korean American talent out there. Hannah Jun fired a bogey-free 66 today to take 4th at -8, Esther Choe and Angela Oh shot solid 70s to finish T15 at -5, Christine Song's 71 netted her 18th, and rookie Jane Rah finished in the top 25, while Jennifer Song and Aimee Cho just missed the top 30.
Here's what the FT money list looks like heading into their Syracuse event next week.
1. Christine Song $59.1K (2 wins in 13 starts)
2. Cindy LaCrosse $56.3K (1 win in 11 starts)
3. Gerina Mendoza $50.5K (0 wins in 13 starts)
4. Angela Oh $42.1K (1 win in 13 starts)
5. Tiffany Joh $37.0K (1 win in 12 starts)
6. Pornanong Phatlum $36.3K (0 wins in 11 starts)
7. Jenny Shin $34.4K (1 win in 10 starts)
8. Esther Choe $34.0K (0 wins in 12 starts)
9. Ryann O'Toole $33.6K (2 wins in 12 starts)
10. Jane Rah $31.1K (0 wins in 13 starts)
11. Hannah Jun $30.9K (0 wins in 12 starts)
12. Mo Martin $28.2K (0 wins in 13 starts)
13. Nontaya Srisawang $25.2K (0 wins in 10 starts)
14. Jennie Lee $24.5K (0 wins in 12 starts)
15. Chelsea Curtis $24.4K (0 wins in 12 starts)
16. Jennifer Song $23.4K (1 win in 5 starts)
17. Paola Moreno $21.8K (1 in in 8 starts)
18. Nannette Hill $21.7K (1 win in 13 starts)
19. Kristie Smith $20.2K (1 win in 4 starts)
20. Dewi Claire Schreefel $19.8K (0 wins in 13 starts)
Hope my back heals quickly enough for me to use my media credentials and walk Drumlins next weekend! Only 4 events to go!