Friday, July 30, 2010

Women's British Open Friday: Tseng Shoots 2nd-Straight 68

Ya Ni Tseng fired a 2nd consecutive 68 today at the Women's British Open to open up a 4-shot lead on Cristie Kerr, Brittany Lincicome, and Amy Yang. By now you've already read Hound Dog's overview and LPGA.com's notes and interviews, so you know that Tseng's made 1 bogey in 36 holes, that Pettersen is still hitting the ball much better than she's scoring, and that Kerr is back in the hunt after a 6-birdie 67.

I haven't read more than that and I have 2 days of ESPN coverage to fast forward through. So I'll be back with my own observations in a flash. Or by tomorrow morning! (I got up at 4:18 this morning but still couldn't make it to Drumlins until 8:20, so I missed Hannah Yun's 1st 3 holes. But I got to see the other 15. Which reminds me, I also have to write up my Futures Tour road trip observations. It was a great day to be walking the course, although I wouldn't have liked to have had to deal with the wind. More on that soon--or later! It's making me tired just thinking about trying to encompass such a cool day.)

[Update 1 (7/31/10, 12:06 am): OK, here are the links to my day 1 experiences at Drumlins East and my day 2 plans. And here's a WBO 2nd-round recap from the LET to tide you over until much later in the morning!]

[Update 2 (11:00 am): Couldn't fast forward quite fast enough, but got to see a good amount of Thursday's and Friday's coverage this am. Going to have to stop watching today's soon to get ready to go to Drumlins. So I'll leave you with Mike Southern's take on Tseng's run!]

No comments: