Friday, September 25, 2009

CVS LPGA Challenge Thursday: Gustafson Goes Low

After an 8-birdie 65, Sophie Gustafson leads the CVS LPGA Challenge by 2 shots over Angela Stanford and 2 players fighting for their 2010 cards, Sophia Sheridan and Na Ri Kim. Only 3 shots off the pace are Lorena Ochoa and Karrie Webb, while Suzann Pettersen and Ya Ni Tseng are 4 back.

I'm not too happy with the starts my favorite players in the field got off to: Seon Hwa Lee, Mika Miyazato, and Jane Park ballooned to 75s, In-Kyung Kim and Jee Young Lee stumbled to 73s, Moira Dunn and Ji-Yai Shin at least came back for 72s, and Morgan Pressel and Paula Creamer could only manage 71s. Still, Gustafson's a very inconsistent golfer who's lost in recent years to 2 of my favorite players (Lee and of course Ai Miyazato), so I'm holding out hope she can be caught by someone I'm rooting for this week.

Work is particularly intense this week, and I'm down about Hound Dog stepping away from blogoramaville, so I'll leave you for today with LPGA.com's notes and interviews, Catherine Forsythe's quick hits, and Jamie RS's notes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was pleased to see Vickie Hurst getting a little face time on the broadcast yesterday. Kind of an up and down day...though the LPGA scoreboard couldn't seem to get her scores correct. At one point, she was -6 through 7 holes with 4 pars an eagle and a birdie. :-)