Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Fields Open Predictions

Man, not only did I not beat Hound Dog in last week's season-opening PakPicker competition, I didn't even make the top 10. Well, no other option than to try, try again! And, yes, given my work schedule M-W, I will be doing this weekly...and hopefully not weakly. Here's the Fields Open LPGA.com site, in case you want to join in yourself. It's never too late!

1. Annika Sorenstam: How do you bet against a resurgent legend?
2. Se Ri Pak: Looking to start 2008 with a bang. Don't put it past her.
3. Angela Park: Last week's slow-play penalty as she entered the final 9 in contention gives her extra motivation this week on a course on which she established herself as the ROY favorite last year.
4. Seon Hwa Lee: Lost in a playoff here her rookie year; knows how to stay under par and go low on this course; comeback from shaky start last week gives me confidence she's going to bring her A-game this week.
5. Cristie Kerr: Knows how to stay under par and go low on this course; late fade last week gives her extra motivation this one.
6. Paula Creamer: Like SH Lee, battled back from slow start last week; unlike Lee, looking to put together 3 good rounds on this course for the first time.
7. Morgan Pressel: Knows how to stay under par and go low on this course; more consistent here than either Prammanasudh or JY Lee, but like them, her results last week make me nervous.
8. Stacy Prammanasudh: Will the defending champion successfully defend her title? I say no, but she will improve on last week's finish.
9. Jee Young Lee: MC in '06, then almost won--which JY Lee will show up?
10. In-Kyung Kim: I predict she'll be the most-improved of the class of '07 (yes, even more so than Jane Park) and am kicking myself for not putting her in my list last week!
11. Hee-Won Han: I have faith that this new mom will return to and surpass her '06 form, starting this week. But, given others' records here, not enough to rank her higher, apparently.
12. Jeong Jang: Started slow last year but came on strong in the second half of the season; I think she has the momentum to finally break through at this tournament. But then again I thought the same thing last week.

Alts: Momoko Ueda, Ai Miyazato, Sakura Yokomine: I'll go all-Japan in honor of the sponsor! I hope this tournament marks the start of Ai-chan's comeback!

2 comments:

Hound Dog said...

So we're keeping track of who beats whom? You should probably worry more about Simie.

The Constructivist said...

Heh, if Stuart is who I think he is, we have him to worry about, too!

But seriously, let's say you're the Lorena Ochoa of the PakPickers--#1 until somebody comes and knocks you off the throne!