Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Holding My Breath...

...on the latest handicap revision from GHIN!  For the first time in my adult life, my handicap index may rise high enough to disqualify me from even entering a qualifier for the New York State Golf Association's Mid-Amateur Championship.  Long story short, I hurt my lower back working out late last fall and even though I've worked really hard at healing and rehabbing it, it's still not quite right.  So I've been fiddling around with my swing and haven't been able to get everything synchronized.  My touch from 60 yards and in is finally starting to come back, so I've been scoring better of late, but my putting has ranged from horrific to mediocre for most of the season.

As you can see, I've been saving up excuses.  Will let you know in a few hours if I'm in or out!

[Update 1 (7/30/14, 10:50 am):  Wait, the next revision isn't till August 1st.  So I guess the question is should I play before I fly out to Austin?]

2 comments:

diane said...

Bruce -- If your GHIN screen looks like mine (I see no reason why it wouldn't), look in the top-right corner where your current index is shown. Below that in a smaller font will be a number with an "L" following. That's your trend. It's what your index will be at the next revision if you don't post any more scores.

It's silly of me to think you don't already know this; but just in case...

The Constructivist said...

I think my screen is different. I can look up my 20 most recent scores, but I don't see any trend or "L" or anything like that. Shot an 80 today in the wind. Moving in the right direction. May have to ask my buddy if he minds if I play tomorrow am! There are some good courses near where he's moving!!