Monday, May 16, 2011

U.S. Women's Open Sectional Qualifying Begins Today

Qualifying for the U.S. Women's Open begins today and runs through June 5th. Some of the new exemption categories the USGA announced back in February will be going into effect this year. Here's a list of the sectional qualifying tournaments (thank you, wikipedia! and USGA!), along with links to the pairings sheets I've been able to find online. I've listed the names that leaped out to me at each, but be sure to check them out for yourself!

5/16/11

Druid Hills (GA): Reilley Rankin, Whitney Wade, Jean Reynolds, Jeehae Lee, Juliana Murcia Ortiz, Mariah Stackhouse

Oak Valley (CA): Tiffany Joh, Ariya Jutanugarn, Moriya Jutanugarn, Rebecca Kim, Yuki Sakurai, Tzu-Chi Lin, Hwanhee Lee, Kristen Park, Tiffany Tavee

Oaks Club (FL): Jane Park, Maria Hernandez, Jessica Korda, Lorie Kane, Christine Song, Jodi Ewart, Hannah Yun, Victoria Tanco, Doris Chen, Lisa Meldrum, Carolina Llano, Danielle Downey, Simin Feng

Paradise Pointe (MO): Lucy Nunn, Tracy Stanford, Yoo Kyeong Kim

[Update (5/17/11): Here are the results I was able to find.]

5/17/11

Carolina Trace (NC): Meghan Stasi

Indiana (PA)

[Update: Here are the results I was able to find.]

5/22/11

Poipu Bay (HI)

[Update (5/24/11): Here are the results I could find.]

5/23/11

Deerwood (FL)

Fiddler's Elbow (NJ): Grace Park, Hee Kyung Seo, Jennifer Song, Jenny Shin, Nicole Castrale, Mindy Kim, Belen Mozo, Ilhee Lee, Stephanie Louden, Hana Kim, Jin Young Pak, Nannette Hill, Sarah Brown

Lake Merced (CA): Mhairy McKay, Shinobu Moromizato, Dorothy Delasin, Mina Harigae, Eunjung Yi, Charlotte Mayorkas, Sofie Andersson, Jennie Lee, Ryann O'Toole, Lisa Ferrero, Kimberly Kim, Jane Rah, Kristina Wong

Medina (MN): Martha Nause, Malinda Johnson, Stephanie Kim, Kelly Shon

Royal Oaks (WA): Adrienne White, Kendall Dye

Westmoreland (IL): Karin Sjodin, Nicole Jeray, Katie Kempter, Gerina Piller, Libby Smith, Alison Whitaker, Leah Wigger, Laura Bavaird, Su A Kim, Ashli Bunch, Maude-Aimee Leblanc

Woodmont (MD)

[Update (5/24/11): Here are the results I could find.]

5/25/11

Crestview (MA): Anna Grzebien, Briana Vega, Brittany Altomare, Susan Choi

[Update (5/26/11): Here are the results!]

5/31/11

Industry Hills (CA): Brandie Burton, Jennifer Rosales, Bo-Bae Park, Stephanie Na, Lizette Salas, Sydnee Michaels, Tiffany Lua, Taylor Karle, Emily Tubert, Stephanie Kono, Julie Yang, Inah Park, Erynne Lee, Leanne Bowditch, Shayna Miyajima, Amie Hartje

Pine Forest (TX)

Prestonwood (TX)

[Update (6/1/11): Here are the results I could find.]

6/2/11

Alta Mesa (AZ)

[Update (6/4/11): Here are the results I could find.]

6/5/11

Broadmoor (CO): Veronica Zorzi, Mallory Blackwelder, Kiran Matharu, Russamee Gulyanamitta, Joy Trotter, Angela Jerman, Garrett Phillips, Moah Chang, Elena Robles

[Update (6/6/11): Here are the results I could find!]

6 comments:

Tony Jesselli (Tonyj5) said...

Great job. I was looking for this info and could not find it. Didn't think to look at Wikipedia.

Citizen of Somewhere Else said...

Thanks, Tony. I only wish wikipedia had the links to field lists. I had to find those myself and I'm surprised at how few I was able to track down!

Tony Jesselli (Tonyj5) said...

Just an update: Jessica Korda qualified for the U.S. Open today shooting 70-68=138.

The Constructivist said...

Everything I can find says she shot 136....? See my latest post...!

Tony Jesselli (Tonyj5) said...

Yes, that was an error on my part.

The Constructivist said...

Can't believe how hard it is to find good info. out there this year!