Monday, May 28, 2007

SW30 Blog-a-thon II: The Party Strikes Back

So I finally got my sequel to my Mostly Harmless Star Wars blogging retrospective in ship-shape and it's now ready for boarding at WAAGNFNP. True confessions of the Party Star Wars geek--secrets so hidden even my best friends and family are likely to discover something new about me in it--it's not to be missed!

Now, at the end of the post I was looking for something more highfalutin' than "true confessions," invented or remembered or found it, and used it: "otaku autoethnography." I like it so much I'm playing around with it as part of a subtitle for this blog's "for fun" motto. So MH authors, and our legions of loyal readers, let me know what you think of the following revised motto:

for fun: youtubeocalypses, otaku autoethnographies, and other strange borders of Blogoramaville


Like it? Hate it? Can you improve on it? Or replace it? Or are subtitles just a bad idea?

[Update: Rob MacDougall has just written a post that transcends the otaku autoethnography genre. All former D&Ders and current massive multi-player role-playing-gamers must read it now.]

2 comments:

peter ramus said...

Being one of the strange borders here at Hotel Harmless, I think "otaku autoethnographies" is perfect. Lends a tone of of cross-cultural scholarship to the enterprise (and, coincidentally enough, next up in the queue from Netflix: Train Man:Densha Otoko!).

The Constructivist said...

I like the phrase a lot, as you can tell, but the more I look at the entire proposed subtitle on the screen, the more I like "for fun" for its pithitude.