Thursday, May 3, 2007

Why Mostly Harmless Will Not Be Honoring Acephalous's Call for a Blogwide Strike Action

By all means, though, do leave the poor guy a comment. And if you want to join me in making this a fundraiser for a worthy grad student in dissertation hell, follow my suggestion in the update here. Or don't--I'm happy to take a CitizenSE vacation for as long as it takes!

But Mostly Harmless is a group blog and I would never dream of unilaterally making a decision of this magnitude. Plus it's too much fun for me to stop here with the daddy blogging and the golf blogging and the animation blogging and the plugging-my-WAAGNFNP-blogging blogging--and whatever other kind of blogging seems fun at the time.

To wit: when I get time this week, I'll be doing all of the above, including more Golden Week family blogging, more LPGA not-quite-live-blogging, and more on the American and Japanese versions of The Powerpuff Girls (which I was a fan of long before I became a dad, thank you very much). I may even get around to that sources of my sense of humor series, or TolkienWatch, or warm-up for the May 23rd Star Wars 30th anniversary blogging thing--all of which I semi-promised a while back. But I'm definitely keeping it light here, as I'll being pretty heavy (for me) at WAAGNFNP the next couple of weeks.

Which makes me appreciate today's peter ramus post all the more!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well maybe if we got a nationally televised, uninterrupted, non-preempted LPGA championship tournament that was coming down, at the turn, to three pairings of three, all of whom had a chance at winning, deep breath, and each of us took just one favorite player, blogging every stroke, we could create perhaps a couple of hundred comments here????????

The Constructivist said...

but comments here don't count. we could take over his if necessary!

Anonymous said...

so round one is in the books for the SemGroup Championship at Cedar Ridge. Weather across the country is marginal, and more poor conditions are expected over the weekend. It was muddy out there today, with sloppy wet fairways (at least the tornadoes went to the East for now). Nicole Castrale got home at -4, one shot ahead of three relative mid-packers, and two shots over another crowd at -2, including the Park(s), Pak, Gustafson, and Song. Then ten are three off and that is from whence the likely winner will come. In there are Ochoa, Pressel, Creamer, Gulbis, Rankin, and Kang. A nice leaderboard line up, that if they stayed bunched could make Sunday another yet more amazing LPGA final day in 2007.